Interpreter Training Solutions, LLC
Equipping the Healthcare Interpreter of Tomorrow…Today!
Orlin Márquez, RN, BSN, MBA, CMI
Founder & CEO
Welcome to Interpreter Training Solutions, LLC
Our Vision is to become the premier provider of quality, relevant and engaging Medical Interpreter training.
Our Mission is to provide current healthcare interpreters solutions based on accepted standards of training with a focus on effective and population appropriate teaching methods.
Our courses were developed to train individuals to meet the stringent requirements hospital and healthcare facilities must be in compliance with to meet the needs of the Limited English Proficient population.
We are committed to the advancement of this profession and to providing training that reflects the ever changing dynamics of the environment in which we live, adhering to accepted standards of training.
Orlin holds several degrees and has professional experience with several years of service in various disciplines within the healthcare industry. He has had several leadership and collaborative roles in the development and maintenance of initiatives that benefit cross cultural communities, with a focus on healthcare interpreting and diversity training. Orlin resides with his two adult sons in Buford, Georgia.
- Began career as an ESL instructor and taught Spanish to Americans living abroad.
- Helped establish a language services department for a level 2 trauma center. Sherman Health Systems, Elgin, IL.
- Cross Cultural Communications instructor for international teams, Elgin, IL.
- Established a language services department for Piedmont Hospital, Atlanta Ga and served as the Language Services Manager.
- Directed the Limited English Proficient (LEP) program at Piedmont Hospital’s Fayette and Mountainside locations in GA.
- Collaborated with Link2Spanish to develop Spanish for the Medical Provider and Healthcare Interpreter Training course, taught at Emory University’s School of Medicine and various locations around the city and state.
- Teaches medical interpreting at the Georgia State University.
- Serves as the administrator of the Physiatry practice at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Served as president of the Medical Interpreter Network of Georgia.
- Appointed council member for the Georgia Department of Community Health’s Advisory Council.
1988: Toccoa Falls College, Ga. Bachelors of Arts, Interpersonal and Organizational Communication.
2001: Keller Graduate School of Management, IL. MBA and Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management.
2003: Bridging the Gap, Cross Cultural Healthcare Program. Certified Instructor. Seattle, WA.
2010: Brenau University, GA. Bachelors of Science in Nursing.
2010: Sits on National Council on Interpreting in Healthcare Standards Training and Certification committee.
2010: Certified Medical Interpreter-Spanish. The National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters.